3252 Blackwood Drive, Nashville TN
Veterinary Technician for 1 year
High school education or equivilant
Please e-mail resume to:
We are needing a full time veterinary technician for our well established clinic in the Donelson area. Someone who is reliable, motivated and caring for our 2 doctor practice. Candidate must have 1 year of previous veterinary experience and enjoys working with animals and people. Duties include: Assisting in exam rooms, assisting in surgery, performing dentals and dental x-rays, taking digital X-rays, running lab machines and other duties needed by the doctors. Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer paid holidays, paid vacations, pet benefits, paid CE hours and more!
CARES: Clarksdale Animal Rescue Effort & Shelter
Animal Care Manager
The Company: CARES is a non-profit animal shelter based in Clarksdale,
Mississippi, that offers its employees a rewarding opportunity to make a
difference in the lives of homeless animals.
Clarksdale Animal Rescue Effort & Shelter [CARES] is a forward-thinking,
no-kill animal shelter in a newly refurbished facility which is known for
the great care we take with our animals and our partnerships with ASPCA, MSU,
and the community.
• Experience caring for animals
• An AA degree or Veterinary Tech certificate
• Excellent work references
• Reliable transportation and telephone
• Competence in word processing and spreadsheets
• Provide assistance to the Executive Director on all animal care issues.
• Manage day-to-day operations of the shelter.
• Intake and vaccinate all animals.
• Make daily rounds, evaluating each animal for medical, physical, and social
issues, and providing medical care as needed. Consult with veterinarian.
• Assign and administer all medications and vaccinations in a timely manner.
• Maintain records on all shelter animals, using ShelterLuv.
• Supervise receptionist/staff supervisor.
• Review adoption applications, contact references, and handle adoptions.
• Supervise, direct, and handle maintenance of shelter property and equipment.
• Supervise staff and inventory manager.
• Coordinate with Animal Control Officer (city employee).
• Manage all transports.
• Supervise and manage foster home program.
• Any other duties assigned.
Send resume to CARES, Post Office Box 142, Clarksdale, MS 38614.
Powell Animal Hospital
We are looking for an individual who desires to deliver the best available veterinary care. He/she should be able to lead by example and should be a strong team player that can motivate others to strive for their "personal best". The ideal candidate is a LVT, but other candidates with strong veterinary medical background and the desire to succeed will definitely be considered. Salary is negotiable, depending on experience.
$500 Sign-On Bonus!!! Powell Animal Hospital is looking for an experienced and passionate Veterinary Technician to join their AMAZING team! The ideal candidate is: • an experienced Veterinary technician or LVT • comfortable with laboratory procedures • comfortable with in hospital/out patient care • experienced in anesthesia & surgery Job Overview: The Veterinary Technicians in this practice are regarded as important professionals who help deliver excellent patient care. We practice state-of-the-art medicine with equipment that includes: ultrasound machine; pulse oximeter; isoflorane anesthesia; cardiac and respiratory monitors; EKG machine; a blood pressure machine, chemistry machine; IV infusion pumps; and a computerized record system. Job responsibilities include but not limited to: 1. Outpatient care 2. Laboratory procedures 3. Anesthesia and assisting in surgery; 4. In-hospital care 5. Maintaining equipment
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5cz6rrh383pw2k88 PI116133025
3164 Memorial Blvd.
Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Full time position
Tennessee Licensed LVMT
Ability to life 50+ lbs
Please send your resume to:
Patient Care Responsibilities: Prepare appointments by obtaining medical histories, vitals and any other pertinent information prior to the doctor’s exam Understand usage, dosage, and common side effects for commonly used prescription drugs and can readily explain them to clients Obtain samples such as blood, urine, fecal, and ear swabs and performing corresponding tests Utilize proper restraint for both dogs and cats and recognize certain behaviors that would require special restraint such as fractious cats or aggressive dogs Understand vaccines and vaccine protocols and be able to confidently discuss with clients Be proficient in placing IV catheters and administering both SQ and IV fluids Assist the veterinarian in surgical and dental procedures as well as prepares patients for surgery Provide compassionate nursing care as well as communicating with veterinarians status updates for hospitalized patients. Position patients properly and take diagnostic radiographs, following all safety and OSHA regulations. Complete OSHA and radiology training yearly Demonstrate the ability to properly calculate anesthesia drugs and monitoring anesthesia during surgery Set up for surgery including daily checks of anesthesia machines and monitoring equipment to ensure that it is in good working condition Perform emergency procedures such as CPR and administering emergency drugs when directed by a veterinarian
Client Service Responsibilities: Assist with phones during times of high call volume, check clients out where needed Provide professional, efficient and exceptional client service Discharge patients from surgery as well as other hospitalized procedures with all pertinent information provided to client Assist the front desk with filling prescriptions called in for pick up
Hospital Operations Responsibilities: Be willing to guide, mentor, and support fellow team members With each hospital function, assist veterinarians and the medical team to maximize productivity and maintain positive patient flow Manage the pace and daily patient flow through hospital, ensure compliance with all TN and OSHA guidelines Ensure that surgery instruments and surgery suite (including dental instruments and dental suite) are properly cleaned and stored appropriately; Properly clean, pack and autoclave all surgical materials after they are used. Keep the operating room properly stocked and prepared for surgery Use proper Personal Protective Equipment as directed by supervisor Perform daily cleaning and sanitization procedures, keep the hospital clean and organized throughout the day Advocate for the continual improvement of quality medicine and patient care Assist in the training of Technician Assistants as well as Boarding Attendants and responds to issues that may arise with boarding patients (such as illness and behavior) Demonstrate the ability to work as a team player and maintains a positive attitude with co-workers Maintain personal appearance and behavior that meets the expectations of the SRVH mission, values, and relationship with the community, including clients, employees, and patients. Conduct any related tasks as assigned by the Drs, Office Manager, and Lead Technician Communicate with boarding staff and assist with medication and treatment of boarding pets
236 E James Campbell Blvd, Columbia, TN 38401
Submit resume in person, by fax, or by email
- Small animal, 1.5 doctor practice, southern middle Tennessee
- Opening for full-time nurse/technician
- 37-40 hours/week
- Prefer licensed tech/nurse or soon to be licensed
- Hourly rate depending upon licensure, experience, and skill level with raises based upon performance
- Position requires working Saturdays
- Position requires kennel duty that is rotated among nurses and assistants
- Our nurses perform all tasks that nurses are trained to do (anesthesia, client education, radiology, nursing care, surgical assistance/monitoring, technical duties – such as IV catheter placement, fecals/skin scrapes/venipuncture, etc., medical record keeping, dentistry)
- We practice high quality medicine with emphasis on patient care/comfort, preventive medicine, and client education.
- We perform advanced dentistry using dental radiography and surgical extractions.
- We strive to be fear free to all our patients with a special emphasis on our feline patients and their comfort, so applicant should be comfortable handling cats in a fear free manner or willing to learn.
o We are an AAFP Certified Feline Friendly Practice Gold Status practice.
- We have stem cell capability, ultrasound, Free Vaccinations for Life, and our rewards program called Paw Points.
- We strive to go above our clients’ expectations at every visit.
o Sick leave
o Staff discounts
o Supplemental insurance at employees expense
o Holiday pay
- Our core values: We treat every client the same. We treat all pets like they are our own. We go the extra mile. We always try our best. We have fun.
Full Time Veterinary Technician for rapidly growing
Wellness and Spay-Neuter Clinic in Rogersville, TN
Our focus is on Wellness services with an emphasis on
dentistry and Spay-Neuter services. We have dental x-ray
and perform surgical extractions.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Surgery Prep, anesthesia monitoring, dental assisting (will train the
Assist with wellness appointments, check-in of surgery patients,
treatment and monitoring hospitalized patients
Process lab specimens and run in-house labs
Assist with needs in lobby, as needed, to include answering phones, making appointments, filling medications
Assist with keeping clinic clean and organized
Assist with management of inventory
Send resume to Lisa Twark, DVM at:
Dog and Cat Depot
318 Farside Dr
Rogersville, TN 37857
contact Lisa Twark for questions at 423-754-9559
Any potential candidates are welcome to visit the clinic at any time.